Is it just us, or is the Back to school to do/get list getting longer and more arduous? Uniforms, Books, Bags, sports gear and not to mention the strict guideline on footwear … Finding the right black leather shoe, a pair that our kids will actually want to wear and feel comfortable in, that also fits the strict uniform guidelines can be a painful process.
Like most parents, we are just finding our way through the August back-to-school madness, and we can’t offer much advice on the dreaded black leather shoe but what we can advise on is how to find the perfect back-to-school water bottle for your kid or teen.
Kids and teenagers need to stay hydrated throughout their school day, and when it comes to water bottles finding the right one is key. There is nothing worse than a leaky bottle, one that leaks all over their school bag, leaving a clean-up job for us frazzled parents once they get back home.
By now, we all know that we should avoid single-use plastic bottles wherever possible and instead switch to a reusable version. So when choosing your child’s reusable bottle, here are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Leak proof – Choose a bottle that’s 100% leakproof
- BPA free – Choose a bottle that is BPA free. Plastics can contain BPA, a toxic chemical that can have negative effects on your health. Steel tumblers are BPA free so they are a no-brainer!
- Zero Plastic – Go plastic-free Plastic drinkware can be a haven for bacteria to grow so switching to a stainless steel alternative ensures no nasty bacteria mixing with your drink.
- Durability – Choose a durable bottle that can withstand bouncing around in school bags, knocks and shakes.
- Style – One of the main factors when it comes to children is an appeal – so decoration and design are important, but never at the cost of functionality.
- Personalisation – Choose a bottle that can be personalised. We all know how kids like to lose things. Having their name on their bottle will ensure that it gets back into their hands if they leave it behind in school.
Check out these bottles in our Ecoset Range:
The Kids Flasket 330ml
A new product to the Ecoset range our kids water bottles come in a variety of bright, fun colours. Has a flip top lid and a wide mouth for ice cubes. The best part about this new range is kids can choose from a selection of cool fun illustrations to engrave on their bottle along with their name making it unique to them. Add their favourite animal, sport, stars, flowers, hearts, unicorns etc…
The Quench – 500 ml
Fits perfectly in backpacks and car holders and can be customised with a carabiner to allow you to attach it to your jeans or rucksack. Keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
The Flasket – 600 ml
Is great for both hot and cold drinks. It can be customised with a flip-top straw lid. It fits in backpack side pockets and car holders. The wide mouth is perfect for adding ice cubes if you like your water ice cold or if it’s a hot day. Keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
The Large Flasket – 750mil
Its bigger size allows you to transport more water! It is great for both hot and cold drinks. The wide mouth is perfect for adding ice cubes if you like your water ice cold or if it’s a hot day. It can be customised with a flip-top straw lid. It fits in backpack side pockets and car holders. Keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
The 20oz Travel mug
… is not a bottle, but this travel mug is great for keeping water chilled when you are working at your desk and also fits in car holders. This mug will keep you hydrated from AM to PM. It’s also great for drinking your morning brew!
Hyper link all bottles