Water water everywhere….
In this post we discuss the importance of drinking water and the benefits that keeping hydrated brings to your body. You only have one body so let’s look after it as best you can, and step one is drinking water regularly.
Staying hydrated and drinking enough water daily is crucial for your body for many reasons. Let’s dig into this a bit deeper:
- Water helps to regulate your body temperature.
- Water will keep your joints lubricated.
- Drinking enough water each day will prevent infections & deliver nutrients to your cells
- Water keeps your organs functioning properly and maximises physical performance.
- Keeping well-hydrated improves your sleep quality and your mood.
- Keeping hydrated boosts your brain power.
- Drinking water can increase your energy levels and aid with weight loss
- Keeping hydrated can help to prevent or get rid of headaches
- Drinking enough water cleanses the body from the inside out
So with all these benefits, why do some of us find it so hard to drink the recommended daily amount of water?
What is the recommended daily amount of water we should be drinking?
Here are some staying hydration guidelines
- Men should drink roughly 13 cups a day
- Women should drink 9 cups per day
- Pregnant women should aim to drink 10 cups and 12 cups if they are breastfeeding
- Children should drink 6 – 8 cups a day, depending on their age/height etc.
- During strenuous physical activity, your should up your hydration and drink more regularly.
- Other factors include the climate you live in if it’s the summer season.
In any case, it’s a lot of water to drink and another thing to think about and keep on top of as we go about our day. What I have found works best for me is using an insulated water bottle. Since switching to a reusable water bottle, drinking water has just become second nature. Much like my phone, my water bottle is permanently attached to my hand or else beside me wherever I go, at my desk at work or in the car.
I actually won’t leave the house without my reusable water bottle. Water just tastes better in my Ecoset bottle and it keeps it nicely chilled which is the way I like to drink my water. Finding the right water bottle will certainly help you drink more water. Here are some suggested Ecoset bottles to help you find the right one. They come in various stylish colours, various shapes and sizes, and different lid types, and the best part is they can all be personalised with your name. Helping you find the right bottle to keep you happy and hydrated!
The Quench – 500 ml
Fits perfectly in backpacks and car holders and can be customised with a carabiner to allow you to attach it to your jeans or rucksack. Keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
The Flasket – 600 ml
Is great for both hot and cold drinks. It can be customised with a flip-top straw lid. It fits in backpack side pockets and car holders. The wide mouth is perfect for adding ice cubes if you like your water ice cold or if it’s a hot day. Keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
The Large Flasket – 750mil
Its bigger size allows you to transport more water! It is great for both hot and cold drinks. The wide mouth is perfect for adding ice cubes if you like your water ice cold or if it’s a hot day. It can be customised with a flip-top straw lid. It fits in backpack side pockets and car holders. Keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
The 20oz Travel mug
… is not a bottle, but this travel mug is great for keeping water chilled when you are working at your desk and also fits in car holders. This mug will keep you hydrated from AM to PM. It’s also great for drinking your morning brew!
The Kids Flasket 330ml
A new product to the Ecoset range our kids water bottles come in a variety of bright, fun colours. Has a flip top lid and a wide mouth for ice cubes. The best part about this new range is kids can choose from a selection of cool fun illustrations to engrave on their bottle along with their name making it unique to them. Add their favourite animal, sport, stars, flowers, hearts, unicorns etc…